Do you do these bad habits? Look at the check list below… if your doing more than 3 of them; you need to break your habits!!!
1. Not removing makeup. This one is pretty basic, but it still needs to be said. Taking off your makeup before you go to sleep at night is so important.Think of your skin as the windshield of your car. Toxins, oil, dirt, debris, makeup, free radicals, spores, mold, dust, and many more microscopic particles attach to your skin throughout the day. Wash once to get all the debris off and then wash again (it is like using Windex on the glass. To take it a step further, I love to use my Clairsonic brush too… www.clairsonic.com %60 more debris are removed by using the brush!!!
2. Not wearing sunscreen Apply a sunscreen or moisturizer with SPF everyday to protect it from the harmful rays. Your face (and health) will thank you later. I use my makeup for my SPF. I apply in the morning and throughout the day. www.randejames.com
3. Not drinking enough water. Only %5 of all the water intake throughout the day ever reaches your skin. The skin is the largest organ of the body and the lowest on the totem pole for water. Take your body weight, divide it by 2 and that is how many ounces of water you should consume a day. This is really a good challenge for you. Try it and you will notice your skin looking and feeling better!!!
4. Using bar soap to wash your face *Shudders*. There is no need, or excuse to be using a bar soap to wash your face with. Every skin care line from an Over the Counter (OTC) to a prescription/pharmaceutical Skin care lines ALL have a wash. Figure out your skin type and choose accordingly.
5. Using moisturizer on the eyes. Use eye cream! The skin around your eyes is very delicate. Most skin care lines have an eye cream specifically for this delicate area. Most moisturizer can actually harm this delicate skin rather than help it… read the ingredients. Choose your eye cream in accordance to your skin condition (wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness etc.).
6. Wearing foundation that does not match your skin tone. NO ONE likes a demarkation line!!! If you’re unsure about what foundation you ought to be using, try a couple out at a cosmetics counter and have one of the makeup artists help you to find a formula and color that accurately matches your skin’s tone and texture. My favorite line is Randy James Lebrecque’s line Rande James Cosmetics. www.randejames.com He is in Saint Petersburg and time is running out to get a chance to work with him personally… get in to see him!!!
7. Smoking…. I can say a lot here but I think we all know enough about what smoke does to the body and skin. QUIT!
If you have any of these bad habits… break them. You will look better, feel better and your skin and health will thank you later!